The new gate to the homestead.

yes2solar

The new gate to the homestead.

Post by yes2solar » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Great work on the picket fence and gate Troy! I've been watching for a while all your successes and feeling your challenges of working by yourself on the homestead. It's not easy doing things by yourself but you certainly have done a lot on your own. Anyone chastising you for your efforts just needs to go out and find their own piece of property and do it by themselves to see it is not as simple as it seems in their minds. I was hoping to see you incorporate the bolted hinge for keeping the gate in place while it is open. Something in the line as in this photo I am attaching. Keep following your dreams and avoid if you can all the negative karma that is out there.

Another Canadian viewer from Mississauga, Ontario.

Yes2Solar.

Looks like the image is too large as I did a screen grab on my iPad. I'll have to resize and send later.

techman
Site Admin

Re: The new gate to the homestead.

Post by techman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the idea. Yes I had thought about using a bolt like that but the price was out of my reach for now. I can still change it later on as needed.

By the way I saw your image in the other post. I will try to get it moved to this thread where it belongs.

Sorry for the late reply. Been under severe attacks on YT recently. I try to keep it quiet but it causes me a lot of work.

Troy