tiny home

MONTANA

tiny home

Post by MONTANA » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:17 pm

that is coming out nice , i was wounding about in between the floors frames , should there be support down the middle , when i build my shed slash chicken cooper my brother stated that between each board place 2x4 so it does not bow out ward and for support . my cooper is only 6 by 8 feet . he works as a framer , not sure if will apply to the tiny home .

techman
Site Admin

Re: tiny home

Post by techman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Thank you. Yes I will have some 2x4s in between the floor joists to support the floor seams and keep it all nice and solid.

MONTANA

Post by MONTANA » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:47 pm

troy that is a great idea with the boards in the garden . i like it a lot great look , oh wanted too make a suggestion about the porch in the winter , that reminds me of a green house maybe you can try growing the cold weather crops in the winter . i don't know how cold it gets but may be worth a try . just a idea

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:31 am

I am actually going to change the boards in the garden a bit. I will cut them at 3 foot lengths and nail them together in blocks. It will look better and hold up nicely with no danger of tripping on loose boards.

I do hope to get a porch going before winter comes and keep my plants inside there. It will be a passive solar porch to help heat my home during the day and keep cold hardy plants in there.