Upper level

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Scorpion

Upper level

Post by Scorpion » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Hey Troy, whats the reason for having a ''U'' shape for the upper level? If you can't cover it , cant you put joist in to use it for storage that you get from underneath ?

techman
Site Admin

Re: Upper level

Post by techman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:50 pm

I am not sure what you are referring to. The work shop, house, or what. Sorry.

Scorpion

Post by Scorpion » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:50 am

In your home you have the downstairs and then you got your upstairs. That is in a 'U' shape with bed area going next to stairs, study over your dining/living area with the big square of nothing. Can you not use that square area of nothing as some sort of storage area? With the new lady in your life you will want some more storage well you might not but it was only a idea. Keep on going and tho i look forward to all your video's sorry but i do like the snowy video's better there just something that brings the kid out in me. All the best

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:50 am

Thanks for the clarification. I actually designed the open area into the tiny house when I was building it. I like to look from downstairs out through the large upstairs window. Or look into the living room from upstairs.

It makes the house look larger. And it makes it easier to heat the entire house with the open plan.

Although if I ever want in the future it would not to too much trouble to enlarge the catwalk a bit more.