Fiance visa

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
makinawdvr

Fiance visa

Post by makinawdvr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Congrads on finding the woman you will be sharing your life with Troy!! I have married a wonderful woman from Cebu in the Philippines. We have been married for several years very happy together. Since I filed the paper work myself and been thru the process I would be glad to help others with questions and how the process went.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Fiance visa

Post by techman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Thank you very much for bringing this to the forum. I will be having questions I am sure. Actually I have a couple right now.

I wonder if she can come over on a tourist visa and then apply for the fiance visa from here?

If she files in her country, who needs all the application paperwork and forms? Her or me?

I heard she will need some photos which we are getting together. Plus she has her police background checks in order and is getting her medical records sent over. Her birth cert is in English so that is good.

Passport will be on its way soon.

Am I missing anything?

makinawdvr

Post by makinawdvr » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:10 pm

The tourist visa I am unsure of. I used the http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-c ... ncee-visas website to get much of my information. The more evidence you have of you together and in contact with each other the better when she goes for her interview at the American Embassy in Manila. Things such as photos and emails. You should file here but you will have to have her fill out forms there and send them to you. On a side note when she is here and you get married make sure to contact the Philippine Consulate General for your area and register that you are married.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Ok, thank you for the information so far. We took a LOT of photos when I was over there. Different days, different clothes, different places we visited. And I kept all the receipts too.

I am recording all our skype chats too.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:45 pm

I mean not "recording" but copying and pasting the chats into a word file to print later.