So THIS is where everyone's hanging out!

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
StormSong

So THIS is where everyone's hanging out!

Post by StormSong » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Hey gang! I used to post sporadically on the YouTube videos and still will, but I wanted to kick things up a notch so here I am. Troy, you the man! I wear my Off-Grid Project sweatshirt proudly and tell anyone who asks all about you.

Just in case anyone cares I'll repeat my brief story: I'm a newly minted card-carrying minimalist (made the card myself!) who stumbled across Troy's tiny house videos whilst trying to find a way to disentangle myself from complicated too-much-ness. I've seen hundreds of tiny house videos, but Troy is the first person to make me believe I can actually build one. His goal of complete self-sufficiency is a lofty and admirable one that I'm looking to emulate myself. The Good Book says that one man shouldn't plant and another man do the eating, and although I'm not particularly religious I feel there is a nobility to being able to harvest what you've sown, warm yourself with your own heat, and enjoy the fruits of your own labor. Self-sufficiency will be my hobby until I'm too old to continue, and I appreciate people like Troy who light the way.

Anyway, I'm excited to be on this forum. Let's go see what everyone's talking about!

PS Hey Troy, I'm about to click on some ads!
Storm Song

techman
Site Admin

Re: So THIS is where everyone's hanging out!

Post by techman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:34 am

Welcome to the forum. Happy to have you here.

Becoming self sufficient is a tough job and a lot of work. It is best not to be alone but I did not chose to be alone so I will make the best of it anyway.

Thanks for the compliments on my tiny house series. I hope to have the tiny house finished by the beginning of summer at the latest. Once the weather warms up I can start using the wood that is outside again. Right now sadly it shrinks badly because its wet and cold sitting outside.

Not sure if you noticed but I moved my survival videos to a new channel TR Tech Tactical on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChPdsv ... 8lvWs6ud4g

Hope you like the videos to come.

PaulS

Post by PaulS » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Now this is really a great idea.
But, I wish this was a open chat room in a sense. Where everyone could indulge on whatever topics where going on.
Glad to be apart of the good guys group..

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Welcome to the forum. I hope to have a chat room on my site one day in the near future. Still fixing up some bugs with the server switch over.