The Off Grid Project Timeline And The Trolls

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Konolrl

Re: The Off Grid Project Timeline And The Trolls

Post by Konolrl » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 pm

:o

Troy,
I couldn't read it all. What a mess. Why would anyone do this? It's ugly and hateful. I don't want them to win!
Ray

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 pm

If you happen to know his true identity, pursuing a restraining order might be a good idea.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 am

phoneguy1212 wrote:There is way too much work to be done for you to waste your time and energy on this mess. Let's get back to the project and quit all this foolish nonsense. Yes everyone knows that subscribers equal money on You Tube and that's why you're getting all this craziness to bring people over to them. Get back to the Project and keep the followers you still have. Damn kids acting like grade school all aver again.
Have you not actually read anything I said or watched any videos? This is not a game here!!!

These people have actually destroyed my life. They took away my business, my online store, my sponsors and now my home. How can you say this?

I do NOT need this "foolish nonsense" to bring subscribers over to me. Actually I am losing them to this mess.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 am

Greg wrote:Be careful about using Youtube for a flaming war. At some point they might bring you to task for violating their terms of service. Pick carefully your field of battle.

Trolls are going to be their no matter what you do but a flaming war can bring down a site
I dont get this. Have you not paid attention to what I wrote or said? I lost everything to these guys. It has been a year now and I have lost everything to them. I for once stand up to them you people tell me to ignore them. They will go away. Well, I guess they will after they kill me. I am getting death threats now too and have had visitors out here to my property in the night.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 am

MotherLodeBeth wrote:Since you said we could ask questions here goes.

Have friends of 22 and 38 who worked on Wall Street and took a hit in 2008-09 but regrouped and got new jobs. So I am curious why if you have been so successful in the past, why are you not working at a job that pays. You are able bodied, so why are you not working at a well paying job?

(((I choose to do my videos full time and teach people about off grid living and back to basics lifestyle. I will be self sufficient as well by the end of next year. I do this for free for the people.)))

Why not move to a better area where you can be off grid and working? All the dozens of gridder tiny house person in my area has a college degree, works from home. If you indeed has the expertice you say you have you could live in KY or ID which are two great off grid self sufficient minded states, and also make an excellent living as well.

(((I am very dedicated to my church right here. That is the only thing that keeps me here)))

It's also odd to me that any business would take the word of some unknown person, and ditch support of you Troy. Unless it's a questionable company or upstart and they have no desire to do their homework and discover what is true, and thus wrote the naysayers off.

(((After reading how I am a "terrorist", "pedophile", "bomber", "murderer", and more, what company would stay associated with me???)))

Attorneys take cases all the time on a contingency basis if they believe the person has a serious case in regard to slander, ruining a persons reputation online etc. Our Internet provider even provides us with $1 million in online reputation coverage with our yearly paid membership. Most folks I know persoanlly, who have websites also have insurance to protect lest they be sued or need to sue.

(((That is a good idea having insurance on my website. Never heard of that before. Only when you have a store)))

How much do you think you have made/spent that could have gone to get you a nice tiny house on wheels had you planned a lot better? I recall a month ago or so you noting you were doing your taxes, so you must have made enough to have to file taxes.

(((Everyone has to file taxes. The cutoff point is not that much.)))

As to the issue of legalities where you live. Specifically what do you need to do to live on the property legally? Remember last summer when you noted small planes or helicopters flying over the area? Ever think that maybe the county was checking to see what hidden places were in the area, that were illegal?

(((Helicopters fly around here randomly all the time. Its a huge open forested area and I believe they were looking for illegal plants. My tomatoes were 8 feet tall and bushy. The helicopter came right down into the meadow looking at my tomatoes. It was funny really)))

Living off grid is legal in my county providing the place isn't junky, yet one county to the south its on a case by case basis, and more liberal to the county to the east here in the Sierras. It's why we always tell people to do the homework and do NOT take the word of a friend or relative who says 'sure you can live in your RV, trailer, tiny house on wheels on my property'. Its not always the case.

(((It seems that around here they cater to rich people. I am looking into discrimination cases where the township judged against poor people. Its all about raising property taxes and keeping up the land values. I will probably have to go to court on that point)))

Gotta note, your channel has more drama than any other YT channel I have ever watched.
(((I do NOT like or want the drama. I just want to make my videos. It has been a year now and these guys have taken everything away from me. I will not ignore them anymore. Look what that got me. Please do not blame me for the "drama". I truly do not want it. Many of my subs leave me due to that fact. My channel would be bigger without it.)))

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 am

bones wrote:guess ppl dont understad if u make over 650 dollars u have to pay taxs troy sue them tak doc shit barn and doz it with all u have i dont see y yt doesnt ban him and i would seek a lawyer im telling u thats will make them stop u hit there wallets and it would make us all happy to see them donate to the cause and its sad they bring a church into it and get google involed for them distrubuting ur address and i cant beleave how they have nothing better to do sad sad anyway glad ur back
I am going to the university to see if they want to take on a sure win case.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 am

SurplusSupply wrote:"FixedByDoc commented on a video on YouTube.
Shared publicly - Dec 18, 2013
"to bad he wasnt eaten by a shark. i hear they are vicious out there in coffs harbor."

FixedByDoc
you should be ashamed of yourself for still following this shit head. i will see to it that this creep loses everything

FixedByDoc commented on a video on YouTube.
Shared publicly - Jan 14, 2014
if i could time travel to that era i would take my AR15 and as much ammo as i could carry and some body armour and a few other modern day weapons like explosives and hunt these crazies down and stop them before this christian and muslim religion crap could get really going. then travel throughout time to stop it anywhere it might try to show its retarded head again. to bad i cant. it would be so worth it and fun."

These are the true death threats, Troy. :( :x
I know and on his channel people have said they will come out in the night an "pay Troy a visit". They are now talking about sending in a radio controlled drone in the night. I am giving it all over to the police now.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:49 am

Konolrl wrote::o

Troy,
I couldn't read it all. What a mess. Why would anyone do this? It's ugly and hateful. I don't want them to win!
Ray

Thank you. They figure that they can either get all the off grid channels to join them or shut them down. Then they will be the only off grid people on YT. I am not the only one they have attacked. They have shut down or absorbed a few smaller channels during the past year. I know because they were my friends.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:50 am

SurplusSupply wrote:If you happen to know his true identity, pursuing a restraining order might be a good idea.

Working on it now

MotherLodeBeth

Post by MotherLodeBeth » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Troy you noted '(((After reading how I am a "terrorist", "pedophile", "bomber", "murderer", and more, what company would stay associated with me???)))

A company who does its research on whom they want to have as a reviewer etc of their product. Heck people say horrid things about Google (we are in N CA) yet I still do business with them. In my proefession I am asked to review items and some I say yes to and many I say no. Simply because I also research the company and ask myself if I want to be associated with them in any way at all.

Have your parents been able to give you any advise? As for staying in the area because of your church. As a Christian I pray and seek the Lords will not mine. Fact is there are wonderful Pentecostal church's in friendly areas, sans all the ticks or fewer ticks (smiling) that you should consider. Like KY which has great soil, and seems to be more open to small homesteaders.

In 2007 after my husband died I prayed and was led to where I am now, and to be honest I wasn't happy. But now I can say I am very happy he placed me where I am at.

As for the fiesty rooster. You need to work on him for a few weeks and make sure he knows you are the pack leader.