Welcome to the new chat room

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
techman
Site Admin

Welcome to the new chat room

Post by techman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:14 am

This is for anyone who wants to comment on any of my Youtube videos. Sadly I had to remove the comments due to the new system being so messed up. There was no control of the trolls there and I want to keep my videos and discussions clean.

Feel free to chat with one another here. Have a conversation. Share ideas and suggestions about the videos here.

If you want to suggest an idea about a certain video, please simply use the video title as the subject when you start a new post. Others can reply and chat about the video in reply.

Thanks for joining.

Troy

The Off Grid Project

The Do It Yourself World

mr bugsier5

Re: Welcome to the new chat room

Post by mr bugsier5 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:57 am

i see you followed my advice Throy, better this way!, keeps everything clean! ;)

saw you working on the mowing and garden machine's, even balancing the blades, figure no one else is repairing or maintaining these equipment?

grts Richard
dont be afraid to ask!, a stupid question does not exist!
forgive me my bad English!, as long as you know what i mean it,s fine for me!
(you thry dutch, wont be easy to! HA HA!)

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Well, its not the best way for everyone involved but since the new YT system messed things up, it cuts the legs out from under the trolls. They cannot hurt me or my subs here. Comments help rank a video higher though so lets see how it impacts my channel.

There is a guy in charge of the property and maintenance but he has his hands full all the time. He is happy to have me here helping out with the machines and I love working on them. Especially in this heat. Its in the 30s C here. That is the 90s F. Way out of my comfort range. It is so much better to be working afternoons in the shelter of the shed. Mornings we mow and afternoons I leave for the shed.

MotherLodeBeth

Post by MotherLodeBeth » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:43 am

The nuts in the video looks like Macadamia nuts which are indigenous to Australia. In most tropical countries we have been in during the warm months the insect sounds are amplified.

What will you be doing on Christmas Day?

techamongous

Post by techamongous » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:08 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS TROY! I hope that you and your family back home here in the States have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! Best wishes buddy! Stay safe.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:58 pm

MotherLodeBeth wrote:The nuts in the video looks like Macadamia nuts which are indigenous to Australia. In most tropical countries we have been in during the warm months the insect sounds are amplified.

What will you be doing on Christmas Day?
Today is a free day. I will be exploring the area. Doing some wild foraging, bush walks and some videos. We dont really celebrate Christmas here because Jesus was actually born in the summer. But that is a huge topic. If you are interested you can email me.

We will have a huge get together starting on the weekend though. We use the time off. Going to be a great time in the Blue Mountains.

Funny that my day will be mostly gone by the time yours starts. So strange with the time difference.

Hope you enjoy the holidays.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:59 pm

techamongous wrote:MERRY CHRISTMAS TROY! I hope that you and your family back home here in the States have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! Best wishes buddy! Stay safe.
Thank you. Same to you. I am taking it easy today. Cloudy and cooler today on this Christmas day.

haven

Post by haven » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:50 pm

I think you're ruining your channel by not allowing comments. I understand the problem with certain individuals that can't seem to live their own lives by trying to screw with others, but you're allowing them to win. This makes the channel too distant....not being a part of it.

crawdadb52

Post by crawdadb52 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Happy New Year and all the best for it!

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Yeah them trolls will get there soon enough. and I agree with this at least for temporary.. And hopefully when all is said and done the trolls will have there accounts deleted.

Say, Troy, was that a slab of iron Wood you had or have? I know it grows in Africa.. but does iron wood grow in Australia?