fishing

Discussions about wild edible foods. Natural medicinal plants and healthy eating.
Survivalist101

fishing

Post by Survivalist101 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:18 am

best lines, hand reels, fishing like to use in a emergency fishing kit

techman
Site Admin

Re: fishing

Post by techman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:16 pm

I prefer small, telescopic fishing poles or take apart ones that come in a small protective case. There are so many choices out there.

But the best all time reel is the old Zebco 202 spincasting reel. These are die hard classics and never seem to wear out. I have found them in the ocean, and lakes and got them working again with grease and some cleaning.

My best piece of advice is to get one, or three and use them. Find out which are the best for your needs and chose that for your carry.

Also keep reel grease in your kit. For maintenance. Keep it lubed and clean inside for long life.

Keep extra fishing pole rings for repairs in case you break off the tip. This happens a lot, believe me.

Best line, well again the market has grown so huge. Just get anything you can afford and keep extra on hand is my theory. If you can afford the good stuff get it. With any equipment price usually matches quality. More is better.