Seed prices, for the few who've been paying attention...

Discussions about wild edible foods. Natural medicinal plants and healthy eating.
ElectroPig

Seed prices, for the few who've been paying attention...

Post by ElectroPig » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:34 pm

FYI: I compared the seed packets that I got two years ago to the ones I got the other day. While it was great that I got all of the seeds that I wanted "on sale", it turns out that I paid a little bit more than I did the other day as I did two years ago...when you take into account the fact that the WEIGHTS of the seed packets have been DRASTICALLY reduced, as well as the prices having increased.

I've been telling people FOR YEARS to stock up on seeds, and the majority have ignored this advice.

In TWO YEARS, the prices of seeds have MORE THAN DOUBLED. Are you starting to get the hint YET?

All I can do is given you the information that I find...it's up to you if you want to make use of it, or throw yourself at the mercy of whoever you're going to beg to save you a couple years down the road.

For those of you who need evidence that what I've been saying all these years is true, just look for yourselves, and see the evidence of the same seed company's change in price OVER ONLY A TWO YEAR PERIOD!

The majority of people simply don't care about things like these...until it's too late. Only after the damage is done do people ever show any respect for those who tried for years to tell them the truth in advance...and then, they hate them, because the people who tried to help them for YEARS didn't think to also set aside enough to save a few million other people who refused to help THEM for all those years.

What goes around is about to come back around, folks...and when you're completely on your own, as I have been for all these years while I've been TRYING to wake people up and help them help themselves...you are finally going to understand what I was trying to accomplish, but that you REFUSED to support...all these years.

If you REALLY want to keep ignoring it...then you're already lost. I wish you luck...'cause you're gonna need it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1

techman
Site Admin

Re: Seed prices, for the few who've been paying attention...

Post by techman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Good catch on the price change AND the smaller package. I have been noticing for quite a few years now that packages have been getting smaller on food as well while at the same time, the prices are going up.

Take potato chips for example. They used to cost a dollar for a "family sized" package. This was a huge bag, which you dont even find anymore. I dont remember even how much they weighted but it was huge. And full of chips.

Now, they add air to the bag to "prevent breakage" while increasing the prices and reducing the content. You essentially get a bag of air with a few chips inside. The bag size has not changed much through the years but now the contents are as little as 5 ounces to a bag. Insane.

Notice how when you go through a drive through at the fast food line you get a cup of ice with a few sips of cola in it. I bought an iced tea the other day. Ordered a large. I was thirsty and dehydrated while on the road all day. Forgot to ask for "little ice". Got 6 sips and it was just a cup of ice. A large cup of ice.

Sorry, you struck a nerve there which has been bothering me for a while.

ElectroPig

Post by ElectroPig » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:53 pm

I TOTALLY understand your frustration at seeing what, to the thinking person, is such an amazingly obvious assault on our futures...but that so few people seem to care about. The "cult of personality" is more important these days than simple, objective reality.

It's why people sit around talking about "the game", and reciting statistics and "important facts" and praising "their favorite players" while telling you their entire financial and statistical history...and honestly believing that this is "some great accomplishment." All the while, they don't know how to collect a seed from a simple strawberry, they don't know how "fiat currency" completely replaced "money" in the 70's, or how it is created, or even what it is.

Using the same 'tater chip basis...I remember when a 235 gram bag of chips used to have 400 grams of chips in it, as well. Bag hasn't change over here, either...and they also added "contents may have settled during shipping" as well as the "We add the same USDA choice, Grade-A, Investment-Quality air as Wall Street Bankers do...to protect the contents from being crushed..." Yeah...uhmm...sure...if it was about crushing the chips, they'd put them in BOXES. (Good thing we ain't smart enough to figger that out, huh?)

I also remember when they were under $1.00 a bag...and I just snagged them "on special" for "ONLY" 3 for $8.00 ($2.67). Earlier this year, they went "on sale" at 2 for $6.00 ($3.00 per). End of last year, they were 2 for $5.00 ($2.50 each). Couple years back, 3 for $5.00 ($1.67) was what you saw on the shelves.

Even COUPONS aren't as good as they used to be. The good ol' A&W used to have a special of two teen burgers for $4.00. Last year, "the deal" went to two for $5.00...and then went to two for $6.00. This month, "the deal" went to two for $7.00...so now, even "a deal" is twice as much as it used to be.

Keeping in mind that I'm on the other side of the border, it's fairly clear that the Canadian dollar is being eroded at an equal or faster pace to the US dollar...and it's not going to be able to continue this way for much longer before the whole system breaks down.

For those who don't understand yet, this is the simplest possible explanation that I can think of for WHY prices for EVERYTHING seem to keep going up exponentially:

Essentially, there are advances in everything, at all times, in order to cut costs and streamline operations. Advances in science, technology, manufacturing, farming, production, processing, shipping and transportation, warehousing and storage, materials, engineering, etc, etc, etc. ALL of those advances ALL lower costs. So why do costs keep going up, at ever-faster rates?

Also simple: The banking fraud, the closer it gets to the end, accelerates at a faster pace than all potential advancements which result in cost reductions.

Put even more simply, the greed of the international bankers ALWAYS outpaces all of the most brilliant minds on the planet...and it ALWAYS results in currency crises, once the people finally catch on.

This is why it is IMPERATIVE that EVERYONE stock up on essential items NOW. There may not be another decade left "to plan for what might possibly happen." The banking fraud is UNSTOPPABLE by any means other than a complete financial crash, and it's coming. It can no longer be stopped. It COULD have been completely avoided in 1980, when the value of all gold in US vaults surpassed ALL DEBT...it could have been COMPLETELY eradicated...but it wasn't.

Once you understand that EVERYTHING that is happening in the world today was specifically designed to play out EXACTLY as it is playing out now...if you don't prepare for yourself, there aren't going to be any "wonderful agencies" to step up to do for you what they weren't even smart enough to do for themselves while they KNEW full well what they were doing to you!

And silver just went up about a buck over the last three days. Sure is a good thing we don't have silver in our currencies any more, huh?

Just to add another frame of reference...when I first learned how to operate a car, "The Gas Wars" were on...and my old '75 Buick Regal with it's 18 gallon tank cost me $5.00 to tank it from BONE DRY. Today, a piddly little 12 gallon tank costs $70.00.

The evidence that the bankers' fraud is accelerating is EVERYWHERE. It's sad how few people care about it at all, because they're simply so busy worrying about the symptoms, to do anything at all about fixing the problems that caused them.

Two things that I've been recommending people get, and that most people have completely ignored, over the last decade or three: Gold, (which is now too expensive for the majority of people to be able to afford), Silver (you can get about 60 ounces for the price of ONE ounce of gold today), and SEEDS. Specifically, "heritage" or "heirloom" or "landrace" seeds, that have been around for at least 30 years, have been acclimated to local planting conditions, and which have NOT been "GMO'd", so that no corporation can come into your garden later on and say "Sorry...we invented that plant (an absolute scientific impossibility outside of a courtroom ANYWAY)...so you owe us for XXX plants worth of licensing fees..."

At least here, people are more open to seeing the truth. Let's hope that some people listen, while there is still a limited, and shrinking, window they have left to protect themselves.

Most won't. They "simply can't be bothered." :o

(sigh...)

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:54 am

I have to agree with you. It is very sad that TV has numbed people down so badly that nobody does anything anymore.

I really hope that people stock up. I have been preaching that for many years now. Get some food and important supplies put aside. Use what you buy and buy what you use. Stock up and rotate your stock.

Many people are sensing something coming. A sort of sixth sense of impending collapse and many people who did not believe in a coming end times or a collapse somehow feel it in the air now.

I just hope it is not too late for people to stock up.

By the way, I miss the times when I used $20 in gas just for fun, driving all weekend. Not these days. $20 just gets me to the grocery store and back. Ouch.

happyhippy

Post by happyhippy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Welcome to everyday in the UK - must admit I will have to check my seeds in the morning, but the smaller pack/bigger price is happening across the board here too on every day staples such as bread to luxury items like chocolate.

Makes me chuckle about you guys getting mad about your petrol prices. Just looked at http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it looks like you guys are paying on average $3.686 a gallon. As of today we pay 1.28 UKP per litre, so thats roughly 4.55 * 1.28 = 5.82 UKP or 9.90USD a gallon!!

Doesn't matter where you are in the world, the public will always get the rough end of the stick - the rich get richer, the stupid get more stupid and the world keeps on turning :)

Going pack to the smaller bars of chocolate for same amount of money - the companies are trying to suggest that the smaller sizes are to help combat obesity!! Nothing like swerving the real reason, more profit to them!!

Like you guys, commercial greed is one of my rant subjects!

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:19 am

Yes it sure hits a nerve. Funny that the prices go up though while, to help out health, the sizes go down. Well, less sales will improve our health anyway. lol