Bedini desulfator

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
tesla

Bedini desulfator

Post by tesla » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:58 am

Hi..
I have try to add this post under board about chargers but on that board there is no button new topic. :?:
Ok ..
I have question about this charger.
how much winding need bifillar coil ?
What is the point in using neon bulb- what kind of bulb is this?
Do i can use switch transistor from horizontal unit of TV?
What type of magnets is used?
Is someone have expirience is this really work?

techman
Site Admin

Re: Bedini desulfator

Post by techman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 am

The coil needs about 850 turns.

Any neon bulb will do in a pinch. It is a sort of protection for the transistor in case the connection to the charging battery fails. The radiant energy will be used in the neon and cushion the transistor to help keep it from burning out.

Try to use the suggested transistor, but you can usually use any power transistor. The one in the schematic is the best though.

Use weak ceramic magnets with a clear and separate north and south face. Some cheap ceramic child toy magnets have both north and south on the same face. Do not use them.

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

chris

Post by chris » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:53 pm

hi techman

regarding the bedini ssg,
followed your invite from youtube (crsbt).
this is first time in a forum and not to familiar with it all, also i'm quite new to electronics but really enjoy it and would be really pleased if i could build a working model,
but i cant seem to find schematic of your bedini setup on this site,i copied daftmans setup from youtube few weeks ago and had no joy.
it has only one bifilar coil so not much winding i thought was good (for me) !

if you could point me in the right direction i will re-do my setup to your ssg wheel (which i thought was great)
then if i go wrong and ask for your help at least you will have a better idea were im going wrong.

kind regards.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Chris,

Welcome to The DIY World forum.

The simplest schematic to follow is the following:

If you follow this schematic precisely, you should have a machine that runs right away.

Make sure your bearings are very free spinning. I often must hand spin a wheel for a while as I add cleaner and oil alternately.

Here is my webpage on the subject:
http://www.thediyworld.com/ssg-battery-restorer.html

Please feel free to ask any questions. I am happy to help.