Air Batteries?

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
Solar98632

Air Batteries?

Post by Solar98632 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Been looking on to you tube and well, and Interesting topic came up.
Air Batteries.
Are these fact or fiction? I am about try to build one. And then combine it with a Solar light boost circuit and sees what happens.
I will do further research and post the results.
It might take me some time.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Air Batteries?

Post by techman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:01 am

Never actually heard of them unless its a sort of capacitor. Let me know what you learn

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Well from what I learn there using carbon rods, Cotten as a seperater, and then there using some kind of special strip. I don't think they really know what they have, it is an earlier form of a battery, there using salt water . It seems that some are wiser then others lol.

But Burt and I used to do this experiment. There not so much an air battery, they are a crude but effective battery.
The Idea though is really old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_wjlMO3OI
that is by far the best video I have seen on the subject
I think this type of battery may date back to WW1 or WWII, not sure. Grandpa even made mention of these before he passed a way several years ago.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 am

Its not an air battery, as he says. Its a common salt water battery. Near the end he says you need water, or moisture. Salt water = more power out.

Very simple to make with a piece of copper, piece of steel and a container of salt water.

Tigerninja25

Post by Tigerninja25 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:23 pm

There is an air battery as it compressed air if it about air cars and engines. There are cars call AirPod that run on compressed air and run very clean. There also a engine being made call the Di Pietro Engine that can be use in any engine run machine and stay the same size and if using in a car you need to use two or four for a bus. The engine is the size of a head and weigh only 6 pounds. It just won the GE award in Australia and should be out in the market this year or the next as Pietro been refining the engine to be able to go into anything.