HOLY HOT-SOCKS BATMAN!!!

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
tweakinreaper

HOLY HOT-SOCKS BATMAN!!!

Post by tweakinreaper » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:12 am

By placing 1-3 rows in layers of bricks wide ways along the length of the top of the wood stove to help slowly release heat after the woodstove has went out, or make a heatshield from scrap(thicker the metal, the better). You can place socks(the ones with too many sewn up holes in them) filled with dry rice atop the bricks for later use as pocket warmers(day) or body warmers(night) for hours of added warmth, as well as use hot bricks for food warming. a pot of water atop the wood stove would help as a DIY humidifier while being sick. If you had another piece of sheet metal like what you used for the heat shielding around the wood stove, you could lay it flat, bend the right side up at a 45 degree angle and bend the corners in the air down and toward themselves and with bricks for spacers and counterweight placing it atop the wood stove as this would channel the heat directly to your RV window. this could also help babycat from landing directly on the wood stove if she ever made that leap of faith as an escape artist out your heater window.

techman
Site Admin

Re: HOLY HOT-SOCKS BATMAN!!!

Post by techman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:02 pm

These are very good ideas. When I get back from Australia I plan to improve my heating system a lot. I also hope to rent to own and stay on the land permanently. This means that I can build a more permanent structure and then really build up my wood stove properly